[Rumori] Cleaning radio distortion - Tech question

Matt The PM proddude at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 12 10:56:37 PDT 2003

CEDAR makes several plugins that would work wonderfully in reducing the
clipping issues with your audio.
Unfortunately, those plugins are VERY expensive.

You'd probably be better off using a bit of equalization and compression to
reduce some of the clipping.

How are you recording the programs? To cassette? CD? MiniDisc?  Are you
recording them off the air feed (which I DO NOT recommend)?  What are you
using to assemble these programs?

We record our shows via MiniDisc from a digital stereo feed direct to the
recorder from the console.  No audo compression and no EQ typically.  I pay
close attention to the levels, keeping them right around 0 db (although
sometimes we get carried away).  If you are recording directly from the on
air feed (i.e., what you hear over an actual radio), you're recording the
hiss and static from the signal, the audio compression and processing of the
station, etc.  That's usually a bad thing to do, especially if you live in
an area where the signal doesn't come in worth a flip.

Matt
WRP Non LLC

      WRP Non LLC - Workeshoppe Radio Phonik
On the web at http://www.noncontactneglect.com
Get WRP schwag at http://www.cafepress.com/wrp
           "Home of Jinglephonics"

***PLEASE IGNORE THE SPAM-LIKE ADVERSTISEMENT BELOW MY SIGNATURE.  IT'S
CRAZY-WACK FUNKY****