[Rumori] Cleaning: Peak, Soundhack

R. John Heck heck at volny.cz
Tue Aug 12 15:12:22 PDT 2003

Ray-Gun is a plug-in for Peak, which is the easiest, most direct
filter I have come across, though there are probably better VST
plug-ins available. I like it for its basic filtering; 60hz, 50hz
hum/buzz removal, and a filter for "rumble". And it's nice to be rid
of rumble. It's good at removing pops and clicks and vinyl surface
noise.

There is a function in Soundhack for mac ( http://www.soundhack.com )
called "spectral dynamics" which allows you to remove very specific
noises from a file. If you can isolate the unwanted noise; tape hiss
or line noise, you would create a very small sound file to use as a
'target'. Soundhack uses the target as a reference to extract the
noise from what ever audio you apply it to.

John