[Rumori] illegal art reception playlist

Jon Leidecker wobbly at detritus.net
Thu Jul 3 00:25:08 PDT 2003

lists are cool, I can't offer mp3's but here's the playlist from my sets
from tonight's illegal art sf exhibit reception...  bob, send in yours

by no means an attempt at anything definitive, just pulling things off the
shelf, pretty chopped up & layered, it was a party I guess.

Tape-beatles 'Great Within'
Terry Riley 'You're Nogood'
Double Dee & Steinski 'Lesson 3: The History of Hip Hop'
Walter Ruttman 'Weekend'
James Tenney 'Collage No. 2, Viet Flakes'
Freelance Hellraiser, 'MC/DC'
Christian Marclay 'Maria Callas'
Goebbels/Harth 'Berlin Q-Damm'
John Zorn 'Godard'
Holger Czukay 'The East is Red'
Atom(tm) & Tea Time 'Muchacha'
Holger Hiller 'fresh young girls in commercials'
Osymyso 'Intro Introspection'
Porest 'Skin Bitch'
Otomo Yoshihide 'Night Before the Death of the Sampling Virus'
Ground Zero 'Paraiso - 1 (from Revolutionary Pekanese Opera)'
Stockhausen - 'Telemusik'
Beatles 'Revolution No. 9'
Charles Ives 'Barn Dance (from Washington's Birthday)'
Nurse With Wound 'The Silvie and Babs High-Thigh Companion'
Luciano Berio 'Third Movement from Sinfonia'
Art of Noise 'Close to the Edit'
Bob Ostertag 'DJ of the Month'
Caroliner Rainbow '(from Rise of the Common Woodpile)'
Glenn Gould 'Stowkowski Radio Documentary, Ninth Section'
John Oswald 'WX (parts one and two)'
Akufen 'Deck The House'
People Like Us 'Swing Largo'
Ryuichi Sakamoto 'the "Dreaming"'
Carl Stone 'Flints'
The Residents 'Beyond The Valley of a Day in the Life'
Public Enemy 'Pollywanacraka (conclusion, 3:52-4:12)'
Public Enemy 'Who Stole the Soul (opening, 0:00-0:21)'

was fun, honest