[Rumori] Author loses India plagiarism case

Mark blacklockm at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 22 11:06:51 PDT 2003

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3084401.stm

Does anyone know much about Bollywood or Indian TV? I'd imagine it's
fairly broad-reaching in its recombinant grasp.

Further to Wobbly's point the other day about online news stories
'disappearing':

I work part-time on the website of the Daily Telegraph. In a fantastic
piece of Orwellian neology, news stories are referred to as 'assets'. I
can vouch for the fact that legally questionable errata are disappeared
on a regular basis. More problematic, however, is the search function,
purchased from consultants (and accountants) Price Waterhouse Coopers
(see Private Eyes passim) as part of a package to update the entire site
a couple of years ago, which simply fails to find relevant stories even
if you know they are there.

With apologies to all bean-counters on the list, I suspect that
blundering accountants will feature heavily in the brave new world.