[Rumori] Fwd: petition from Larry Lessig

Steev Hise steev at detritus.net
Tue Jun 3 13:20:20 PDT 2003

on Tue, 3 Jun 2003 das told me:

->this substantiates the value of copyright, therefore i will not sign it
->we need to repeal bad laws like the Copyright Term Extension Act

Lessig and Eldred, et al, already tried that and failed earlier
this year, in case you weren't paying attention.  this is
evidently their plan b, falling back to a position that might
possibly fly in congress, though i am pessimistic. but Lessig is
a lawyer and this is the way lawyers fight the good fight. i'm
sure glad he's around, and i signed the petition without
hesitation. thanx for bringing it to our attention, vicki!

smh

->
->Vicki Bennett wrote:
->
->> Please take a look at and sign this petition.

Steev Hise, Subversive Radical Hippy Hacker
steev at detritus.net	   http://detritus.net/steev
*Recycled Culture: detritus.net   *Recordings: phonophilia.com
*Want Peace? Stop Paying for War:  warresisters.org/wtr_menu.htm
"After 16 hours of fighting communists and anarchists, a Red Bull
can help us go another 16 hours. We're here as long as they are."
	- Sergeant Rene Laprevotte, San Francisco Police, 3/21/03