[Rumori] Scion marketing

Kembrew McLeod kembrew at kembrew.com
Mon Jun 16 14:30:04 PDT 2003

-------Original Message-------
From: Steev Hise <steev at detritus.net>
new car from toyota with "cool" ad copy that appropriates
appropriation.
from http://www.scion.com/about/about.html
ugh.

VW has reworked this idea and allows the consumer to watch the
process of <cough>lame<cough> "remixing":
http://www.metropolismag.com/html/content_1202/dre/index.html
VW's new Dresden plant lets customers watch their cars getting made
in a setting that's more atelier than assembly line.
(there's a great pic on page 2 of the, during assembly car on one of
their ceiling mounted lifts.  for all the mecha fans.)

will there be a DJ Spooky Scion Remix?  or maybe the Dwaele Bros
Special Edition.  they could lock one of their cds into the cars,
then auction them off to some charity which will never see the
money...sweet.

PeterALopez

((     (   ((   ( (( ( (((Kembrew 11 McLeod))) )  )) )  ))   )     ))
                                http://kembrew.com

Assistant Professor
Dept. of Communication Studies
University of Iowa

1218 College St.
Iowa City, IA 52245
(319) 341-3583

David Bowie, father figure: "Ola Hudson--who in fact was Guns N'
Roses guitarist Slash's mum--she was my girlfriend, you see. I
sometimes used to put him to bed at nights, little Slash. Who'd have
guessed?"