[Rumori] the medium is the message

Steev Hise steev at detritus.net
Tue May 13 11:06:29 PDT 2003

wow, thanx so much for putting that online, John.

cheesy, trying to be hip and obtuse. yes, but isn't that the
usual for McLuhan?

speaking of trying to be hip, years ago i saw DJ Spooky spinning
at the offices of Hotwired and he used that record. a lot. wow
the layers of meta-attempted-hipness are thick:

1. McLuhan
2. McLuhan on a record
3. Wired
4. DJ Spooky
5. Me having actually been there (willingly)
6. Me now mentioning it.

my god what a lot of posing. <click>!

smh