[Rumori] i'm a little late in the game, but

niall munnelly aleph at aleph-null.net
Fri Sep 12 02:31:25 PDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 08:15:00PM -0700, Jon Leidecker wrote:

> francois bayle, 'toupie dans le ciel' and 'erosphere'.  and 'jeita' too.
> I've never been let down by him though.  roots of modern textural
> acousmatic are him and parmegiani, I only got 'creation du monde' earlier
> this year and was similarly blown away.

i'm intrigued!  thanks, jon.

> and dockstader / mimaroglu for earlier roots but you prolly know that
> already, more primitive but fucking great.

big big fan of TD; his _eight electronic pieces_ was just rereleased by a
label herem in chicago.  http://www.locustmusic.com

this is the third time i've heard mimaroglu's name in as many days.  i think
that's portentous.

> I always thought Autechre were a little too repetitive, until LP5, every
> album since then has impressed me more and more.  'confield' maybe not as
> much but the one two punch of 'grantz graf' / 'draft 7.30', now I'm a
> believer.

i'm a big fan of repetition done well - _chiastic slide_ and _tri repetae_
fit the bill for me.  i should have been more specific, though - gescom's
tracks on the recent or comp (_md cd_, i think) remind me a lot of
parmegiani.

> also really fucking good:  the new mix of persepolis on the Editions RZ 2
> CD set that just came out.  It's the third time I've bought the piece, but
> this is the one to get, it's like I've never heard it before, it's really
> been carefully thought out.

i've always been happy with the one on fractal, but i'll be sure to a/b.
thanks very much for the informative reply, jon.

--
yours,
niall.

.. .radio.free.destruktobot. ..
playing now:  carnival in coal - don't be happy, worry - fear not