[Rumori] Bruce Conner

Squier owen_squier at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 10 19:11:56 PDT 2004

To elaborate, Bruce Conner does not allow the dvds to
be exhibited publicly or to be used is classroom
situations. One of his reasons his the fact that the
rentals of his films (on 16mm) go a *long* way to
supporting his/their sole distributor, the independent
and idiosyncratic Canyon Cinema. In fact, Canyon would
experience *extreme* financial hardship were his
rentals to cease. Unlike the majority of films in
Canyon (we're talking over 3500 individual films by
nearly 400 filmmakers). Part of Conner's motivation in
use restriction is the continued viability of his
distributor, insuring the continued availability of
many more films by many more makers.

Check out www.canyoncinema.com

Don't know if it makes a difference to anyone but
Conner's dvd sales are strictly on a "$50 donation to
a charity" (no profit to him, or his gallery), basis.

I don't know who his gallery is.

(os)