[Rumori] Re: U B U W E B :: New Resources Fall 2003

alex norman spammeillkillyou at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 10 20:29:01 PDT 2004

Here is where you can find some work by Tony Conrad:
http://www.canyoncinema.com/
I missed the beginning of this thread but I'd have to
say that I've seen some of Tony Conrad's Film Work and
I think it's fantastic, if you ever get a chance to
see it you should go for it.  The reason why many of
these films aren't available in any other format
except for film is because any other format wouldn't
give them justice... try watching flicker on a tv at
home.. it would be horrible.
Btw, Tony Conrad's audio recordings with Jack Smith
were fantastic as well (on Table of the Elements).

Even though a cease and desist order is extreme, that
doesn't mean that his work should flicker away..
Burzum has become a Nazi but I think his first album
is the best metal album I've ever heard.  I heard that
Bob Dylan has now made a commercial, does that make is
previous music poorer?  I don't think so.  Some people
make art that is fantastic, then what they do after
that could be horrible, but it doesn't mean that their
previous work is any less valid.

-Alex