[Rumori] Twilight Zone : Planet of the Apes

PeterALopez pl1x at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 24 21:47:20 PDT 2004

Twilight Zone: Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes "re-imagined" as an episode of The Twilight Zone. Why? Both were written by Rod Serling!

http://theforbidden-zone.com/media/tzone.shtml

Torrent : http://data.chicks-dig-unix.net/tzone_pota.mov.torrent
via boingboing.net

more description from the creator:

"A Dimension of Sound. A Dimension of Sight..."

I started Planet of the Apes: The Forbidden Zone because I wanted to learn more about Planet of the Apes myself. I looked around the web for a good Apes site, but only found a couple of episode guides for the TV series. When I first started gathering information about POTA, I was surprised to learn that Rod Serling co-wrote the screenplay for Planet. Then suddenly it all made sense. "Of course! Planet is a two-hour episode of The Twilight Zone!"

That idea stuck in the back of my head ever since. Then with the recent advances in digital filmmaking technology and especially after reading about fan edits (particularly the couple of Star Wars: Episode I edits that surfaced), another thought struck me: "Wouldn't it be cool to take Planet and edit it down into a thirty minute episode of The Twilight Zone, complete with Rod Serling narration?" I knew the project would take a lot of patience to assemble the pieces, but once I got them together, it would be great fun to create the final product.

I'm only 4 minutes in but this is wonderful...  another great episode has been added to the already perfect series.
PeterALopez