[Rumori] WFMU's RNC Remix

Vicki Bennett peoplelikeus at mistral.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 13:47:16 PDT 2004

Hiii

Thought people on this list might enjoy the internet only stream that
WFMU are doing this week to coincide with the RNC.

Vicki

Here's the website - http://www.wfmu.org/rnc/
Here's the mp3 link - http://www.wfmu.org/rnc/RNC.pls
Here's the realaudio link - http://www.wfmu.org/rnc/RNC.ram

Here's the schedule -

- - - WFMU's RNC Remix - - -
A Grand Old Audio Party

Five days of political music, comedy, commentary, audio art, and
Republican re-mixes streaming on the web.

Sunday, August 29th - Thursday, September 2nd

(All events will be broadcast on the internet only, unless otherwise
noted.)

TUESDAY AUGUST 31st

3 - 9am: WFMU's Flaming Robot of Love
Carefully programmed with propaganda, passion and perception, the WFMU
Flaming Robot of Love spins political music and political opinion for
streamers, dreamer and republicans too.
9am - Noon: FCC Indecency Rules: A Filthy Musical Review
Ken Freedman presents a musical review of post-Janet Jackson America.
Hear the unedited songs and comedy routines that have garnered the
largest federal language fines. Beginning at 10am, Ken discusses the
issue and plays songs with WFMU's FCC attorney Harry Cole.

Noon - 1pm: Conservative's Corner

1 - 3pm: Fahrenheit 9/11: The Audio Movie
If you haven't seen, or at least heard all about, Michael Moore's
stinging indictment of George W. Bush and his administration, then
maybe you've been hiding out in an undisclosed location. If you think
it's possible that Bush stole the election in 2000, bungled our
country's reaction to the terrorist attacks of 2001, and launched
America into a horrific and unnecessary war in 2003, then enjoy.... If
not, try Fox News or Rush.

3 - 5pm: We've Got a Bigger Problem Now
Two hours of politically-themed punk rock from the Reagan/Bush Sr. era
with Mike Lupica.

5 - 6pm: The Interactive Dubya
Got a question for our Commander in Chief or just want to get something
off your chest? Call in live at 201-209-9368 and speak live with our
43rd President, or a reasonable audio facsimile thereof.

6 - 7pm: The Dirty Duck waxes poetic on The Republican Party

7 - 8pm: The Antique Phonograph Music Hour
An hour of patriotic and political music from the acoustic era
(pre-1920).
(FM, stream and archive)

8 - 11 pm: Fulfilling America's Promise: Building a Safer World for
Fashion and a More Stylish GOP
Pseu Braun leads a team of so-called experts for color commentary
during Tuesday night's Convention activities. Pending discussions to
include:

*	Helmet Hair: How secure is our nation from the threat of aerosol
fixative?
*	Shouldering Burdens: A Tribute to Ahnold's tailor.
*	Fear of a Black Pantsuit: Why Conservative Bee-yotchs and Ho's choose
to shake that azz unrestricted.
Tune in to Public Television's live coverage of the convention (on WNET
Thirteen in NYC) and turn down the audio - the RNC stream will provide
the alternative soundtrack.

11pm - 2am: Web-only radio with Scott Williams

2 - 9am: WFMU's Flaming Robot of Love
Carefully programmed with propaganda, passion and perception, the WFMU
Flaming Robot of Love spins political music and political opinion for
streamers, dreamer and republicans too.

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 1st

9am - Noon: Salute to the GOP with Ken
A musical salute to the party of Lincoln and McCain.
(FM, stream and archive)

Noon - 1pm: Conservative's Corner

1 - 2pm: Ken's Last Ever Radio Extravaganza (Kenzo)
Bludgeoning the Unconvinced: (We don't plan to let people influence us.
The hour is here.) Lyndon B. Johnson and VP Spiro Agnew speak out on
war dissenters in a timely way, over rhythmic remixing of period music
from the Rushmore soundtrack, and looping of a new Air piece.

2 - 3pm: Bronwyn's Martial Music Remix

3 - 5pm: Orwell Rolls In His Grave: The Audio Movie
A documentary by Robert Kane Pappas which exposes how the news we
depend on has been poisoned by Orwellian newspeak. While we've all been
having fun it looks like our democratic republic has evolved into a
mediacracy where the fun house mirror has replaced old ideas like
reason, Socratic method, and common sense. Oh well. Pass the Victory
Gin...

5 - 6pm: The Interactive Dubya
Got a question for our Commander in Chief or just want to get something
off your chest? Call in live at 201-209-9368 and speak live with our
43rd President, or a reasonable audio facsimile thereof.

6 - 7pm: The Happiness Hut with Ken and Andy
The program formerly known as Seven Second Delay proposes to concoct a
new protest chant with the listeners, and then get said chant on
national TV.
(FM, stream and archive)

7 - 8pm: Bronwyn reads and discusses The Patriot Act
(FM, stream and archive)

8 - 11pm: Live remix of this evenings RNC festivities
Ken, Bronwyn and other provide the alternate soundtrack to this
evening's WNET Television broadcast. Including but not limited to Lord
Cheney's address to the American people.
Tune in to Public Television's live coverage of the convention (on WNET
Thirteen in NYC) and turn down the audio - the RNC stream will provide
the alternative soundtrack.

11pm - 2am: Web only radio with the Cosmic Cowboy

2 - 9am: WFMU's Flaming Robot of Love
Carefully programmed with propaganda, passion and perception, the WFMU
Flaming Robot of Love spins political music and political opinion for
streamers, dreamer and republicans too.

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 2nd

8am - 9am: Rights and Wrongs: Live Web Only Radio WIth Tamar

9am - Noon: DJ Trouble - International Smackdown
DJ Trouble and Clermont Ferrond, lead singer of Francophiliacs "Les
Sans Culottes," eat Freedom Fries and sip on Le Coca Cola to roast the
RNC. Anarchists unite!
(FM, stream and archive)

Noon - 2pm: Ken's Last Ever Radio Extravaganza (Kenzo)
Beautiful Terror: A musical-political meditation on our world leaders
at their most captivating and horrible. Fall in love with George W.
(and a youthful Ronald Reagan) all over again.

2 - 5pm: David Cross is Ken's guest on a FCC-unfriendly discussion of
music, comedy and politics.

5 - 6pm: The Interactive Dubya
Got a question for our Commander in Chief or just want to get something
off your chest? Call in live at 201-209-9368 and speak live with our
43rd President, or a reasonable audio facsimile thereof.

6 - 7pm: The Texas Miracle with Steve Krinsky
The President and his marauding gang of bandits have been trying, for
the past four years, to export to the entire country the policies that
Dubya used as governor of Texas: tax breaks for the rich, corporate
favoritism, privatization, sleazy politics and more. Steve Krinsky
talks to some of the people who stood up to the Republican
assault--with some cool Texas music thrown in the mix.

7 - 8pm: GOP Dirty Tricks: The Felon's List with Doug Schulkind and
Jessie Allen
Florida is one of just a handful of states that permanently
disenfranchises anyone convicted of felony. Some say this law --
enacted during reconstuction when freed slaves first got the right to
vote -- disproportionally affects the African American community, and
could help determine the outcome of the coming presidential election.
For an in-depth analysis of Florida's problematic law and its looming
implications, we turn to voting rights expert Jessie Allen. As
associate counsel for the Brennan Center for Justice at the New York
University School of Law, Allen is lead attorney in a major Federal
voting and civil rights suit challenging Florida's permanent voting ban
for felons.

8 - 11pm: The Alternative Coronation
Dave the Spazz is pre-empted to present an audio hijack of Dubya's
acceptance speech. Tune your TV to NBC's live coverage of the
convention from 8-11pm, and then mute the TV - WFMU will provide the
alternative soundtrack.
(FM, stream and archive).