[Rumori] Re: Unauthorized Ipod

Steev Hise steev at detritus.net
Wed Dec 8 10:26:29 PST 2004

on Wed, 8 Dec 2004 Carrie McLaren told me:

->because Francis put a huge Apple logo on the ebay ad and included
->images of his package that made it look like an apple product. If he
->hadn't included the logo, or if he directly satirized or parodied the
->logo, he'd have a much stronger case. There was too much ambiguity
->there, even if he did label it "unauthorized" (cos we all know people
->don't read).

Which so many times in these cases seems to be the real problem -
not the content, but the graphics on the package. And which is a
trademark infringement, not copyright, regardless of the email
address that francis was instructed to respond to:
copyright at apple.com....

smh

Steev Hise |  steev at detritus.net | http://detritus.net/steev
read my excellent blog: http://steev.hise.org
"Oh no. You're going to talk about this on your radio show, aren't you?"
		- girlfriend of Ira Glass, host of 'This American Life'