[Rumori] Matt Davignon's Slow-Motion CD Release Party

matt davignon mattdavignon at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 3 21:42:21 PST 2004

Glad to see the list is back up. I've actually been getting about 75% less
spam than usual in the last week or so. It's weird, but I'm not complaining.

As I might've mentioned to some of you already, my first full-length cd
release in several years, "Music at 1/2 Speed" has just been released by
Edgetone Records. An unusual cd even by my standards, it features older
experimental tracks and "pop songs" from 1994-1997, mixed in slow motion,
and often in reverse. The resulting tracks are some of the most unusual
music to be in 4/4 timing. Some feel like 40 foot tall upset stomachs.
Others sound like misunderstood
exaggerations of trip-hop with gradual vocal bursts.  The original
instrumentation includes guitar, sampler, drum machine, turntable,
harmonica, toy piano, bass guitar, violin, tape, memory man, television,
keyboard, vocals, micro-synthesizer, didgeridoo, & quadraverb.

The cd is available at:
http://www.edgetonerecords.com/catalog/4024.html
Some mp3 samples exist at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/mattdavignonmusic.htm
(Track 1 and Track 7)

To celebrate, there will be a Slow Motion CD Release Party at 21 Grand next
Monday. Please join us for live slowed down music from

Jonathan Segel (supercollider) & Dina Emerson (voice)
Mr. Meridies (samplers),
Tom Bickley (recorder & sine waves),
Ron Lettuce (sampler & pvc instruments)
and myself (tape & electronics).

Monday, Jan 5th.  8-10pm   $6-10 sliding scale
21 Grand
449B 23rd St (at Broadway)
Oakland