[Rumori] re: Songwriters Say Piracy Eats Into Their Pay

matt davignon mattdavignon at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 09:28:30 PST 2004

Ok, you're right. It is correct logical structure, but is based on a premise
that would never be true. If you're going to say "If everyone bought a cd
instead", why not say "If everyone bought a cd and mailed an extra $5 check
to Mr. Strouse"?

If you asked any reader of this paragraph how much royalty payments Mr.
Strouse lost on due to illegal downloading, they would answer $46,000. Since
very few humans think like Mr. Spock, it's possible to use logical arguments
to exaggerate or mislead.

On singles, I remember 45's being $1-3. (...and I'm not that old.) When
cassette singles came out, the prices were often $4 or 5. Last time I looked
at cd singles, they were $6-8. These days, if you purchased 2 cd singles,
you might as well have bought the cd.