[Rumori] singles vs AOR

matt davignon mattdavignon at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 09:07:42 PST 2004

>From: Taylor McLaren <morakanabad at yahoo.ca>
>Aside from the nominal difference in the amount of money spent on
>packaging, you have you wonder why your average pop musician doesn't just
>stick to singles and keep up their market presence by putting out a good
>song or two every couple of months.

Exactly - I often think the top-40 musicians would be better off putting out
singles (perhaps with remixes), then instead of albums, focus on
compilations of the singles. It already sort of happens with comps like the
"Now That's What I Call Music" series. (Funny thing about those - on the tv
ads they always seem to feature at least one awful group/song that nobody's
ever heard of, like their presence on the compilation would actually make
someone believe it was a "hit". )