[Rumori] "illegal" music/art events mailing list

Virago virago415 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 20 11:07:02 PST 2004

Hi, rumorites, this may be of interest...

For the past few whatever I've been maintaining a list of upcoming live events with
plunderphonic/cut-up/"illegal" artists in common at http://detritus.net/illegalart/misc/live.html
(additions always welcome and actively solicited).

It was suggested to me that I should begin an email list that would notify subscribers
of upcoming shows in a timely manner.  I thought that this might be a good idea
if it wasn't too much extra work; for those who might only want to be on such a
list if it filtered shows by location, I have decided to create three versions:
West US, East US, and UK/Europe/Australia/Asia/etc. (specify one of the three, or
get all by default).  To subscribe, send an email to: virago415 at earthlink.net and
tell me if you want parameters.

Philo, the head of Illegal Art, told me that the list can be populated however I
want, but he prefers that it be lesser-known artists.  Consequently, I want to make
the most of this and promote as many talented yet local/"bedroom"/unreleased
artists as possible; don't be shy about telling me about your (or an interesting
local) show, it'll be posted and circulated and maybe will draw unexpected audience
members (you never know when someone will be visiting your neck of the woods and
be looking for things to do).  Also, I maintain the radio, opportunities, and links
pages (see links at http://detritus.net/illegalart/misc/), if you have anything
you'd like to have added to those as well.

So far the list has reflected a wide variety of plunderphonic/"illegal"/noise/etc.
shows all over the US and is expanding to the UK and Europe -- I'd like it to keep
growing and tell people all over the world about events to seek out in their area.
The more people that send me info about events in this genre all over the world,
the better it will be, so please get involved!

Connie