[Rumori] Irdial Wilco and WEA Settle Spy Radio SampleLawsuit

at at at ankitoner.com
Tue Jun 22 09:46:57 PDT 2004

I don't see what copyright over the recording they can claim, since they
recorded a recording (or is the CIA transmitting live, and even if it was, so
what, you don't have copyright over the recording of a John Peel session, do
you?)

I think the point is in the fact that "after the case was brought to the High
Court of Justice in London they have finally relented..." The big boys NEVER go
to court in copyright cases although they always use it as a threat. They
ALWAYS reach an extrajudiciary agreement. The reason is quite simple: when they
go to court, they run the risk of losing and they have a lot to lose (in fact,
they OFTEN lose). Their big army of lawyers is not meant to go to court but tho
reach agreements. You do not pay a million-dollar lawyer to present a case in
front of of a fifty-thousand-dollar-a-year judge. That would be wasting money.

(And of course this case was presented in front of a London court, where the
judges are not payed in dollars, probably still wear wigs, and where copyright
laws are somewhat different from the ones at DMCA-land).

Anki Toner

En/Na Anthony Hall ha escrit: