[Rumori] Help Save Tonic (NYC)

PeterALopez pl1x at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 4 16:25:03 PST 2005

HELP SAVE TONIC!

http://www.tonicnyc.com/

Since 1998 Tonic has been a haven for creative music. We have helped nurture the vital community of musicians and audiences who keep this music alive. Now we are in danger of closing and ask you to help us keep Tonic alive.
Over the past few years we have suffered a series of blows: our rent has doubled since 1998, our insurance costs have tripled, we’ve been robbed, and we’ve been plagued by the expense of maintaining a building in ill repair – including the collapse of our main sewer line.
Any of these things would be challenging on their own but together they’ve taken a more serious toll and we are now facing the threat of eviction.

Seen many great rumori-ish shows there Wobbly, PLU, ECC, Hosler/Marclay (Illegal Art), Kid606, Donna Summer, Girl Talk....
PeterALopez