[Rumori] Thrift store recordings

Squier owen_squier at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 21:30:33 PST 2005

I can't speak to the legality of this but a similar
series has been released by an outfir known as Sounds
from the Pocket. Their "Found Sound" series includes
thrift store/answering machine tapes, record-your-own
records, found open reel, record skips, etc. Vloumes
one and two were fantastice, and I'm stoked to see,
when I visit www.soundsfromthepocket.com that there's
a volume three out!! YAY!

SFTP's series "Microcassettor," dedicated to the art
of the microcassette recorder is equally excellent.

A film/video maker named Eric Sakd has done amazing
work with similar material. A recent video, titled
either DIRT or DUST uses thrift store answering
machine recordings (the other uses scanned cell
phones) and his COME TO SEE YA is about a half hour
tape which uses consecutive recorings of some guy's
friend who leaves message after message and gets more
and more mad cuz the guy just isn't home. Great.
Hilarious. Keep eyes peeled for this tape.

(os)