[Rumori] Detritus Update: The Semester of Intellectual Property at University of Iowa

steev at detritus.net steev at detritus.net
Mon Feb 28 08:38:03 PST 2005

 Detritus Update: The Semester of Intellectual Property at University of Iowa

                           February 28, 2005

http://detritus.net/blog/archives/000315.html

"What is it with you Iowans and copyright?"  - representative of the
Visual Arts and Galleries Association, speaking to UI Art Museum
Curator Pamela Trimpe

This entire semester in Iowa City there's an exciting series of events
happening called <a
href="http://www.uiowa.edu/~poroi/SIP/SIPindex.htm">the Semester of
Intellectual Property</a>.  Organized by <a
href="http://kembrew.com/">Kembrew McLeod</a> and other University of
Iowa faculty, it includes museum exhibits, film screenings, lectures,
and <a href="http://www.uiowa.edu/~poroi/SIP/SIPcollcon.htm">the
Collage Conference</a>, which several <a
href="http://detritus.net/detrivores.html">detrivores</a> will be
attending as speakers and performers, March 24-26.

Also a part of the series was a <a
href="http://www.uiowa.edu/~poroi/SIP/SIPconvo.htm">one-day
symposium</a> last Friday, called <b>Intellectual Property: An
Interdisciplinary Conversation</b>, which I attended.  I have compiled
some notes, photos, and thoughts from the symposium on a web page, at
<a
href="http://detritus.net/IPsemester/ipsymposium/">http://detritus.net/
IPsemester/ipsymposium/</a>