[Rumori] idea to port over to audio domain?

Bob Boster boster at pobox.com
Tue Jul 5 09:51:01 PDT 2005

bb> I'm less concerned about the yellow garbage issues for  the following
reasons:

1) If someone can invent a bio-degradable plastic garbage bag (I'm using
them now), then certainly a bio-degradable post-it note is simple...

2) The idea of a spectator using some additional object (a yellow arrow) to
litter the world minutely towards creating more artwork seems fairly
benign.  Given that I'm actually pro-tagging, this is a very minor
consideration given how low the impact is.

3) The object itself is then subject to further hacking (adoption,
redirection, etc.) in ways that are also interesting and in ways that an
"invisible" tag would not be.

As to the audio version, I'm not sure about the application, but ideally
some way to be cued to identify a space where some systematic audio event
is happening, or even likely to happen, and then contact a registry that
would then text you a message identifying what the initial observation
was.  In a perfect world a listener could then text back an update, which
could be appended to the initial message for future listeners.

Imagine the opportunity to even compose with same via the text by sending
the new listener back instructions like:  "play along with the subway
sounds by tapping the rusty gate with a pencil in a counter rhythm..." or
"get your friend to hum 'frere jacques' facing NW into the bus stop - acts
as a resonator - while the bhangra blaring from the store front serves as
an audio bed, then trade places..."