[Rumori] Register article on CC

Steev Hise steev at detritus.net
Sat Jul 23 12:09:53 PDT 2005

on Fri, 22 Jul 2005 Bob Boster told me:

->While I dislike being consigned to a "boundary case", and I think he misses
->the whole subthread of the argument that copyright has destroyed the
->possibility of some non-technophilic cultural threads continuing to evolve
->through time (like the blues, for instance), I can't say I actually
->disagree with most of the content here.

yes. what an interesting article. thanx bob.

i'm really interested in what people on this list think of the assertion it
makes that "re-mix culture" has been "on the retreat for ten years now," and
that "People simply ran out of patience with jumpy, glitchy cross cuts."

he says some other really biting almost nasty stuff about computer nerds and
remix culture too.

i think i'm out of touch so i can't begin to say if any of it is true. any
thoughts, anyone?
maybe the author is just a bitter DJ/geek wannabe?

smh

Steev Hise |  steev at detritus.net | http://detritus.net/steev
Donate to the Computers for Bolivia Project: http://villaingenio.org/computers/donate.html
blog: http://steev.hise.org | gpg public key: http://steev.hise.org/gpgkey.txt
"The Thirsty Bear has the added benefit of appearing trendy,
which my mom will like.  It will make her feel like I am
including in her in my young, hip, life, even though
I rarely leave my apartment."
		-Joshua Davis, "Drinking with Mom"