[Rumori] Detritus Update: Almost Enough to Make One Swear OffCaipirinhas

PeterALopez pl1x at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 28 12:51:48 PDT 2005

Here are some more urban environment corporate campaigns and their outcomes.

http://www.forbes.com/2002/11/12/cz_as_1111graffiti_print.html

Example:
When: October  (2002)
Where: New York City
What: Butterfly decals
Brought To You By: Microsoft
Intended Message: Follow the fluttering clutter to MSN!
To promote its new MSN 8 Internet service, Microserfs plastered Manhattan sidewalks and walls with plastic butterfly decals.
Actual Message: "We apologize to the City of New York and the people of New York City. We made a mistake with the decals, and we take full responsibility for what happened. We are working with city officials to clean up the decals immediately," said Microsoft Vice President Yusuf Mehdi, after violating New York City Department of Transportation code.
Legal? Try again.