[Rumori] Mondo Kim's in NYC raided by RIAA (fwd)

Brian Turner bt at wfmu.org
Fri Jun 10 21:32:00 PDT 2005

Just came from there, it seems as if all the mix CDs were confiscated, but
it looks like they also have taken all the bootleg music DVD's they had -
which were supplied by a local guy who sells them around record fairs and
I guess online -- such RIAA-attention-worthy heavies as Taj Mahal
Travelers, Current 93 etc. Really sucks for the employees, whom I am sure
were just following Kim's orders (I used to work there in the mid 90's),
apparently two of them were in jail for over 24 hours without seeing a
judge. My guess is a Sony exec or something was in there and spotted
underground mix CDs and alerted the RIAA...don't wanna deprive those
superstars of a couple hundred dollars I guess.

Brian

--
Brian Turner
WFMU Music/Program Director

UPS Only: 43 Montgomery Street, 4th Fl.,
Jersey City, NJ 07302

www.wfmu.org
(201) 521-1416 x223