[Rumori] BBC to put its entire archive online

Vicki Bennett peoplelikeus at mistral.co.uk
Tue Aug 26 20:44:56 PDT 2003

It's so amazing that it's almost unbelievable.  This is the best
thing that could possibly happen, for such a prestigious (and
somewhat conservative at times) organisation to be saying that they
are not scared to do this.  It will hopefully affect/shake up some
other UK archives too, like Pathé News, who received a lot of money
from the National Lottery (where much of our arts funding comes from
here) to put their archives online for free download and haven't kept
their word, they are charging for downloads.

Vicki