[Rumori] Smash-ups!

Kembrew McLeod kembrew at kembrew.com
Thu Jun 12 14:27:19 PDT 2003

i'm on the promo mailing list of a lame christian record label, and
they just released their own commodified, jesusified version of a
mash-up compilation that has been officially sanctioned by the
copyright owners (and, presumably, by the G-to-the-O-to-the-D).
http://smashups.com/

among the winners:

DC Talk "Jesus Freak" vs. Zoegirl "Dismissed"
Carman "Who's in the House (Jesus Is)" vs. Zoegirl "Even If"

and (drum roll...)

DC Talk "Colored People" vs. Newsboys "Entertaining Angels"

it had to happen (well, no, it didn't).

--
((     (   ((   ( (( ( (((Kembrew 11 McLeod))) )  )) )  ))   )     ))
                                http://kembrew.com

Assistant Professor
Dept. of Communication Studies
University of Iowa

1218 College St.
Iowa City, IA 52245
(319) 341-3583

David Bowie, father figure: "Ola Hudson--who in fact was Guns N'
Roses guitarist Slash's mum--she was my girlfriend, you see. I
sometimes used to put him to bed at nights, little Slash. Who'd have
guessed?"