[Rumori] Praemedia News for August/September 2004

Praemedia praemedia at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 22:24:10 PDT 2004

Praemedia News for August/September, 2004

Stars Like Fleas

NYC FOLLOWERS MOURN NO LONGER. STARS LIKE FLEAS TO
PERFORM A REAL LIVE LIVE SHOW IN FRONT OF ACTUAL HUMAN
BEINGS ON A STAGE OF WOOD, METAL, AND STONE. The
notoriously and frustratingly public-appearance-averse
Fleas are crawling out of their collective burrows to
headline a show at the *free103point9 gallery* in
Williamsburg, Brooklyn. A reported live ensemble of 8+
people will take the stage at around 11:30pm on Friday
September 3, armed with an array of toys, computers,
banjos, melodicas, glockenspiels, guitars, horns and
horn parts, and miscellaneous and menacing percussive
objects. For non-New Yorkers, the show will be
available in real-time via a very strong and reliable
webcast on free103point9 (go to:
http://www.screwmusicforever.com/free103/transmissions.html
and click on the LAUNCH PLAYER button to listen in").
Details can be found here:
http://www.screwmusicforever.com/free103/schedule.html#09_03_04.

Ye Olde Shoppe

We’ve added a new label to the shop - the wonderful
PLOP from Japan. Includes releases from Taylor Deupree
and Christopher Willits, Lullatone, Kazumasa
Hashimoto, Sora and Gel. Add to that the AMAZING album
‘Epitaph’ on Flyrec and the fact that we’ve also added
some wonderful releases to our ‘Other...’ page from
our friends Sawako and Keith Fullerton Whitman. Coming
soon we will add some releases from Locust Music and a
whole lot more.
 Check it out at http://shop.praemedia.com

Unseen Maple

OK kids, it is time to mark your calendars. On October
5th, Bleakhouse and Praemedia will finally release
Blevin Blectum’s new solo album, “Magic Maple”.
Sliding down a more oblique slant off the basic BFB
starboard sensation of things-not-quite-right-here,
"MAGIC MAPLE" grows crystalline structures as well as
it's namesake: a concise cohesive whole shaped of
figmentary footsteps of Fleetwood Macintosh, paeans to
Pelicans glimpsed on the borderlines of commuted
Highways, vocals cut and stitched beyond imitation,
rommelpots bent to bursting, denouements taken to Epic
Ending proportions, doomed budgies singing their
hearts out.  Details of a CD release show at the
Bottom of the Hill in early October are just starting
to materialize. Also, keep your eyes peeled, because
the new CD/DVD release by the electro-supergroup
SAGAN, consisting of Blevin Blectum, Lesser, Wobbly
and Ryan Junell will be hitting the streets in
September. Check out the amazing trailer for the DVD
here -
http://www.texasmonkey.com/archive/unseenforces.sm.mov

Jiffy Vacation

JIFFY SCUTTLER, the monthly music series in San
Francisco curated by Blevin Blectum, Lesser, Sean
Rooney, Angie Hile and Lance Grabmiller is on hiatus
for a time. We plan to spend the next few months
traveling from bar to bar to bar in search of the
perfect venue.  Should we survive the ordeal, we’ll be
resurfacing sometime in September or October. Wish us
luck!
More information at http://jiffyscuttler.praemedia.com
.

cheers and thanks for listening....