[Rumori] Songwriters Say Piracy Eats Into Their Pay

matt davignon mattdavignon at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 11:38:49 PST 2004

Actually, there's another case of misleading logical arguments. If Mr.
Strouse took in $250k from royalties in 2002, the largest chunk of that was
probably from the Jay-Z song. (I imagine that sold many more copies and
received more airplay than the original Annie soundtrack that year.) That
would mean his declining royalty payments in 2003 could be explained by the
Jay-Z song not being a huge hit anymore, NOT because more people freely
downloaded it in 2003 than 2002!