[Rumori] re: Songwriters Say Piracy Eats Into Their Pay

Vicki Bennett peoplelikeus at mistral.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 20:14:39 PST 2004

You beat me to writing that.  Is true.  Very few artists see this as
their main or only income - it sometimes is a nice additive to playing
concerts, the after-concert product sales often pay more than the gig
fee.  The main money I make from CDs is from radio play royalties.
This isn't affected by having put 12 years of music online.  Putting
music online gets one huge amounts of publicity, giving access to whole
new groups of people.

All of these things can co-exist together, people are too black and
white about all of this.  Times are simply changing and CD sales of
course are going down as a result of formats changing too.  But
interest in music isn't going down, that's when the worrying should
begin.