[Rumori] re: Songwriters Say Piracy Eats Into Their Pay

David meme david at locarecords.com
Wed Jan 7 20:13:23 PST 2004

Actually this is not true. CD sales translate into the record deal (and
yes musicians often forget about this linkage - ie you have to pay it
back out of record sales before you see anymore music)... many tours
lose money - although merchandise is a nice little earner...

When someone presented Cobain with the fat record deal cheque it was
actually money for *future* record sales...