[Rumori] re: Songwriters Say Piracy Eats Into Their Pay

David meme david at locarecords.com
Wed Jan 7 20:44:38 PST 2004

> I suggest you broaden your scope of music.
> There are hundreds of thousands of releases each year
> all over the world by tiny, idependent labels. That is
> where your support should be if so concerned.

Ha ha ha, yes quite, maybe I *should* stop buying only re-issues of
Bony-M and Elton John.

Thanks for the tip.

> I know quite a few musicians who have sell up to
> several thousand cds a year. I only know one or two
> without dayjobs.

I know many many musicians. None of them bar one (who signed) could
give up the day job.

> The industry never supported new
> music to begin with.

This sentence makes no sense. Where does the industry stop? With the
majors only? Er.. nope they are all the record industry - they all
release records to make money (even if only to break even to keep
selling)

>  It is always going to be going
> down the safe road. Thats how it is built. Its how its
> always been.

Nope not true. In the sixties and seventies the majors were very
instrumental in bringing new and exciting music out. They just lost the
plot in the eighties and nineties when the indies move in, who where
subsequently bought out by the majors and here we are again with the
new indies... buts its still all part of the record industry...