[Rumori] [[email protected]: [Irdial-list] Irdial Wilco and WEA Settle Spy Radio Sample Lawsuit]

Vicki Bennett peoplelikeus at mistral.co.uk
Mon Jun 21 16:21:57 PDT 2004

Hi

Was there something before this on Rumori?  Would like to know more
about this case, seems very odd indeed.  You're saying Irdial sued WEA?
  Even though they have put the Conet Project on the Internet Archive?
Not to say the IA is royalty free, of course there is attribution
needed in relevant cases and so on, but considering it's recordings of
radio waves the whole suing seems out of character with the spirit of
the thing.  Sort of like someone who records scanners in a very
straight way then releasing that then suing someone.

Has the thread just been transferred across from the Irdial list?
Please give us more info here.

Vicki