[Rumori] It puts the lotion on its skin.

Steev Hise steev at detritus.net
Sun Feb 13 10:51:58 PST 2005

on Fri, 11 Feb 2005 PeterALopez told me:

->For those (like me) who didn't know the re-use aspect of the video, here's a decent explanation:
->http://dancemusic.about.com/od/artistshomepages/a/GreenskeepersSi.htm
->
->
->http://www.greenskeepersmusic.com/lotionhigh.mov
->  A minor effort in the re-use wars, but an entertaining one. Apologies if the connected among you have already seen it a million times over.

It took me till the 2nd chorus or so to realize it's from Silence
of the Lambs. The interesting thing, psychologically, i guess, is
that the video was really disturbing even before I got what the
source was, but it became even more so after. I almost couldnt
finish it.  Maybe it's because setting it to the rather ordinary
and glammy song conjured up associations between pop-stardom and
violent psychopaths. (the murderer, when singing and dancing in
the video, reminds me somewhat of Def Leppard's singer, or a
million other blond androgynous rock idols)

Interesting also how the article above doesnt mention at all any
legal problems over the video.

Thanx Taylor for giving me the heebie-jeebies all over again.
Haven't thought about that film (which is one of the only horror
films i've ever liked) in several years.

smh

Steev Hise |  steev at detritus.net | http://detritus.net/steev
my blog: http://steev.hise.org
gpg public key: http://steev.hise.org/gpgkey.txt