dedicated to recycled culture
rumori is for general discussion of the Detritus site and relevant topics (appropriation in art, copyright law, copy culture, etc.) It's also an appropriate place to announce relevant events that you know about (concerts, art exhibits, new books or other media being published, etc). The list is an attempt to lean away from fandom of particular artists and toward a more balanced study and sharing of knowledge, as art producers, consumers and scholars.
Rumori has developed into quite an interesting discussion space in the past few years. It tends to get rather deep and philosophical at times, but open-minded and (mostly) polite. A learning experience for many, a rantspace for some. You are encouraged to browse the list archives (see below), especially before you post a question or topic that's already been discussed extensively.
This list is private, meaning you must be on it to post to it. However they are open to any who are interested, and are at this time unmoderated. click here to subscribe.
Older Rumori Archives:
- September 1997 through August 1998
- August 1998 through December 1998
- January through May 1999
- Wed, 02 Jun 1999 through Fri, 30 Jul 1999
- Sun, 8 Aug 1999 through Thu, 2 Dec 1999
- Thu, 2 Dec 1999 through Sun, 30 Jan 2000
- Mon, 31 Jan 2000 through Wed, 31 May 2000
- Wed, 31 May 2000 through Tue, 31 Oct 2000
- Thu, 2 Nov 2000 through Tue, 6 Mar 2001
- Wed, 07 Mar 2001 through Fri, 1 Jun 2001
- Fri, 1 Jun 2001 through Sun, 28 Oct 2001
- Mon, 29 Oct 2001 through Fri, 28 Dec 2001
- Sun, 6 Jan 2002 through Tue, 30 Apr 2002
- Wed, 1 May 2002 through Thu, 7 Nov 2002
- Nov 2002 through Mon, 14 Apr 2003
Search the Archives:
Home | Blog | Detrivores | Rhizome | Archive | Projects | Events | Contact | Help | Text Index
Donate to help pay for detritus bandwidth
"[A]rt is long, not infinite... One day we will use it up - unless we can learn to recycle it like any other finite resource." - Spider Robinson, "Melancholy Elephants"
copyleft (CC by-sa) Detritus.net. Sharerights extended to all.